At Woodhill Dental Specialties, your safety is our top priority. We have enacted a set of safety protocols to protect you as well as our staff. We have implemented these protocols based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), public health experts, and our federal, state, and local dental governing bodies. We will continue these protocols until further notice.
Things to Know Before Your Visit
Before your next appointment, please read over our protocols and recommendations and be prepared. We want to make your visit as smooth and as pleasant as possible.
- Please wait in your car in the parking area and text our office to let us know you’ve arrived. We will text you when an examination chair is available.
- Our waiting room, video game room, iPad wall, magazine station, and beverage station are closed until further notice.
- ANYONE over the age of 2 must wear a mask over their mouth and nose when entering our office. This enhances the safety of everyone inside. Please bring your own mask, as we only have a limited supply available.
- Children may be accompanied by ONE adult only. If your child is old enough to come on their own, we can call you afterward with any recommendations for further treatment, if necessary.
- Adults who do accompany children should stay with them at all times during the visit. Any other family members not left at home will need to remain outside in your vehicle.
- Patients need to brush their teeth before arrival at our office. Our toothbrushing station is closed until further notice.
- We will take the temperature of anyone arriving for an appointment, which may also include the accompanying adult. We also take our own temperatures before opening.
- Please DO NOT come to or enter our office if you have experienced possible symptoms of COVID within 48 hours of arrival. These could include coughing, sore throat, loss of taste, loss of smell, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches, vomiting or diarrhea, or fever. Also, please do not come if you know you have been exposed recently to COVID and have not been tested. Call to discuss your appointment with us, as we will work to get you rescheduled.
- We take precautions for your safety by wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) recommended by the CDC and using the highest level available to us at any given time.
- We will be keeping the office cooler than usual because of the amount of PPE we must wear. Please dress in layers, as we will not be able to hand out blankets as we normally do.
- We have additional UV air filtration throughout our office, and we’ve upgraded our nitrous, water and air lines with hospital-grade filters and disposable valves so you have the cleanest environment possible.
- We frequently disinfect areas of high contact, such as doors, counters, chairs, etc., throughout the day.
- We have hand sanitizer available for everyone in the office, including patients and parents.
- We still have toys and prizes for your child, but they will be handed to the child by a team member, rather than the child hand-picking the prizes themselves.
- We are accepting new patients, but walk-in appointments cannot be taken right now. We can take emergency cases, but please call ahead to schedule an arrival time.
- We will review health screening questions with each patient and/or family member prior to making an appointment or entering the office. If any of the questions apply, we will help you find proper medical care and ask that you defer any elective dental treatment for three weeks after symptoms have disappeared. Dental emergency cases will be managed accordingly.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience during this time, and we will do our best to serve you safely and promptly. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (214) 691-1172.