Jeffrey G. Johnson, DDS, MS
Dr. Jeff Johnson considers his patients an extension of his family. He regards orthodontics as one of the great ways to make a difference for people through improvement of their self-image and consequently self-esteem.
Dr. Jeff Johnson is blessed with a wonderful wife, Amy (his high school sweetheart), and two adorable energetic children, Maddie (2002) and Dylan (2005). While orthodontics dominates his time and is one of his passions, spending time with his family is his greatest passion. He finds joy in coaching Maddie and Dylan’s YMCA sports teams as well as playing golf, tennis, and traveling.
Education and Leadership
Dr. Johnson attended the University of Iowa attaining a degree in Biomedical Engineering. He was named to the Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society and Alpha Eta Mu Beta National Biomedical Engineering Society.
He received his D.D.S. degree in dentistry at the University of Iowa where he was named to the Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society.
Dr. Johnson completed his professional education at Baylor College of Dentistry earning a Certificate in Orthodontics and an M.S. in Oral Biology.
Dr. Johnson maintains his skills and knowledge through numerous hours of continued education and also works with orthodontic industrial leaders in product development.
He has consistantly served as a beta test site and served on the Clinical Advisory Board for Orametrix which developed the Sure Smile system. He also has lectured, conducted webinars, and consults online with fellow orthodontists regarding the implementation and use of Suresmile.
Dr. Johnson has held leadership roles both professionally and within the community. He has served or is currently serving as President of the Baylor Orthodontic Alumni Association, AAO Council on Orthodontic Practice, and on the Campus Leadership and District Leadership Councils for HPISD.
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- Southwestern Society of Orthodontists
- Texas Association of Orthodontists
- World Federation of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- Dallas County Dental Society
- American Association of Orthodontists Foundation Regent
- Baylor Orthodontic Alumni Association Past President
- University of Iowa Alumni Association
- Dallas Study Club Charter Member
- Texas Dentists for Healthy Smiles Donated Dental Services Program 2003 to present
- AAO Council on Orthodontics, Chairman
- HPISD Campus Leadership Council
- HPISD District Leadership Council
- Albert P. Westphal Award for Outstanding Table Clinic at Southwest Society of Orthodontists Annual Meeting 1996
- Cliff Wood Memorial Award for Outstanding Young Baylor Orthodontist 2000
- Texas Super Dentist, Texas Monthly 2005 to present
- Ultradent Esthetic Elite 2005
- Orametrix Superior Performance 2004 to present
- Consumer’s Research Council of America’s Top Dentist 2008 to present
- Who’s Who in Executive and Professionals
- Co-editor of Orthodontics for the Next Millennium –A text dedicated to presenting classic orthodontic principles combined with very progressive thinking and techniques; 1997.
- Author of A Three-Dimensional Analytical Model to Study the Mechanical Reactions of the Human Mandibular.
- Condyle to Normal and Abnormal Loading Using the Finite Element Model – A text applying engineering methods and principles to mathematically study the TMJ; 1998.