Dental and Orthodontic treatment for your child is an investment in your child’s overall health and well-being. Financial considerations should never be an obstacle to obtaining the proper care for your child. We are very sensitive to families’ financial obligations and for this reason we offer several different payment options. Please read our specific information for orthodontic treatment below.
Filing Insurance Claims
For insurance purposes, Woodhill Dental Specialties should be considered an out-of-network provider. This means that your insurance provider may or may not fully cover our fees.
As a courtesy to you, we will always file your primary insurance claims. We will file pre-determinations for your child’s recommended treatment, so that you will have an estimate of what your insurance carrier will cover. Any account balances remaining after insurance payments have been received, will be billed to the responsible party or parties. We do not file secondary insurance claims.
Patient Financial Responsibility Statement
Kindly provide at least 48 hours notice for any appointment that needs to be rescheduled. Appointments cancelled in less than 24 hours may be subject to a cancellation charge.
For patients without dental insurance coverage, payment will be due at the time of service.
If you do have dental insurance coverage, please note that any payment collected at the time of service may not reflect your full financial responsibility after your insurance pays its share. Our office is not responsible for any limitations in your insurance plan coverage. Should your dental plan deny claims for any reason, you will then become responsible for the remainder of your bill. We advise our families to fully understand their insurance benefits and to thoroughly review their explanation of benefits package along with all of their patient billing statements. If you feel there has been an error in the processing of your insurance claims, please contact the appropriate party with your questions immediately.
In the case of divorced parents, regardless of any court decision concerning dental care, prompt payment is expected from the presenting parent. Our office considers both parents responsible for the payment of services rendered.
We understand that special circumstances sometimes exist. However, in order for us to allow any family additional time to pay their bill, work through insurance difficulties, or set up other payment arrangements, we must be informed before services are rendered.
CareCredit® Payment Plan
Special financing through CareCredit® is also accepted in our office. Some of its benefits include:
- No initial payment
- Payment plans spanning 3-12 months with no interest
- Extended payment plans
- Fast, confidential service by phone (toll free 1-800-365-8295) or online at their secure website. Click on the image below to learn more.
Good credit standing is required.
Orthodontic Treatment Fees
Our treatment fees are all-inclusive and include the following for a particular phase of treatment:
- Initial clinical orthodontic examination
- Diagnostic records: initial x-rays, photographs, impressions, and study models
- Diagnostic workup and treatment planning
- Prescribed appliances such as expanders, space maintainers, braces, etc.
- Placement of prescribed appliances
- All office visits for appliance adjustments
- Removal of appliances at the conclusion of treatment
- Initial retainers (does not include lost or broken retainers)
- Final orthodontic records: x-rays and photographs
- Retainer checks for approximately 12 months
- Our initial examinations are completed as a courtesy to our wonderful patients or doctors who might have referred you to our office.
- Excessive breakage of appliances may incur additional charges.
- Retainer checks beyond 12 months are subject to an office visit charge.
- A complete change in treatment such as braces to Invisalign or vice versa is subject to a revised treatment fee.
- We are very happy to establish a payment plan that fits your needs through our office or third party financing.
Payment in Full
Bookkeeping courtesy of 5% is given for direct payment in full at start of treatment by cash, check, or major credit card.
While we provide assistance with the preparation of the insurance claim form, you are responsible for filing and collecting from your insurance company.
Office Payment Plans and Insurance
A down payment is requested prior to the initiation of orthodontic treatment with the remaining balance divided (monthly, quarterly, or semi-annually) over the course of treatment. We understand the importance of utilizing your 125 Flexible Spending money and will assist you to maximize your benefit.
- We will file your insurance claims and take assignment of your benefits.
- The patient is responsible for the full treatment fee if insurance is cancelled, terminated, or denied.
- Estimated treatment times are provided based on our experience in dealing with similar orthodontic situations. Treatment times are subject to variability based on each individual’s biologic makeup, patient cooperation, and maintaining continuity of treatment at recommended intervals.